This University Master's degree involves postgraduate training aimed at acquiring skills and knowledge fundamentally related to the Research Methodology in Health Sciences.
The main objective of this University Master's degree will be to complement the competences acquired by graduates of Health Sciences studies (mainly Nursing, Physiotherapy and Podiatry) oriented to the development of knowledge related to research, and training the students of this Master of the skills and competencies necessary to carry out research tasks specific to their discipline. In this way, the students of this University Master's Degree will have the necessary training to investigate and develop new therapeutic behaviors for the professional development and health care of society. In addition, other subjects are addressed, in which emphasis is placed on the new healthcare trends typical of each discipline (Nursing, Physiotherapy and Podiatry).
The need to implement this University Master's degree is mainly based on offering, from the university level, a postgraduate training aimed at acquiring skills and knowledge related to the Research Methodology in Health Sciences. The undergraduate degrees in Nursing, Physiotherapy and Podiatry, focus their academic content on mainly clinical and care competencies, typical of each discipline. The main objective of this University Master's degree will be to complement the competences acquired by graduates of Health Sciences studies, oriented to the development of knowledge related to research, and training the students of this Master's degree in the skills and competencies necessary to carry out research tasks specific to their discipline. In this way, the students of this University Master will have the necessary training to investigate and develop new therapeutic behaviors in favor of professional development and health care in society.
As it is known, updating in Health Sciences is of vital importance for health professionals, since research methodology, as well as technical advances and treatments within this field are developed almost daily. That is why the University must have adequate postgraduate training in order to maintain a professional level of graduates in Health Sciences in accordance with the demands of society and the new trends that are being implemented.
Admission and Enrollment
- Recommended access profile:
To access the Master's studies, it will be required to possess an official university degree in Nursing, Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Medicine, Dentistry, and other Health Sciences degrees.
A distribution of the 35 places offered will be made according to these preferential degrees, so that initially 15 places will be allocated to applicants with degrees in nursing, 10 for applicants with degrees in Physiotherapy, and 10 for applicants with degrees in Podiatry. In the event that these places were not covered, they would be made available to the rest of the applicants with preferential access qualifications. The places that are not covered by the applicant students from the degrees with preferential access (Nursing, Physiotherapy and Podiatry), may be filled by applicants with other degrees in Health Sciences (Medicine, Dentistry, etc.)
- Access routes: Access requirements and admission procedure
- Pre-registration: It is the process by which the student requests admission to the university studies they wish to begin. In this process, the available places will be awarded according to the access route and grade of each applicant. If you already have a university degree, you will be able to access the Official University Master's degree studies by participating in the pre-registration process within the deadlines established by the Commission of the Unique University District of Andalusia. To access the pre-registration page, click here.
- Enrollment. It is the process by which the newly admitted student formalizes his incorporation in the assigned place after the pre-registration lists. It is also the act by which a student from previous courses formalizes the continuity of studies already started. CAT: Student Service Center for Self-Registration.
Documentation required for Master's enrollment
- Consult partial enrollment options in: Enrollment Regulations for official Bachelor's and Master's degrees.
Scholarships and grants
In this portal, information is made available to students and graduates of the University of Seville about all the scholarships and grants they can access: Study, welfare, training, mobility, cultural and sports grants, awards and distinctions.